Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

Schrodinger's Cat, Schrodinger's Katze?

Between signing up for an official language course, walking the city, and watching the Super Bowl, I apologize that this post is slightly delayed. To kick things off, BRAVO SEAHAWKS!!! No I am not jumping on the band wagon. I am simply giving credit where credit is due. I am a native north westerner, the Seahawks games always got priority game air time. Speaking of air time, watching the Super Bowl in Germany was not an easy task. In a summary I had to stand on my head, cross my toes, spin my lap top and constantly refresh my web page to stream the game. Germany is not a very American Football friendly country when it comes to trying to really watch a game =(  I also terribly miss The Big Bang Theory.

Language Course!
Ja oder nein? JA! BITTE!  

So I didn't get the class I wanted, bummer. I ended up with a class that doesn't start until March. Oh well, at least I got a placed in one! (A lot were full, and others were filling up fast) However, there is a sunny side to this delay. Since my course is later than planned I get to go over my book material now (I am actually excited about that) and somewhat familiarize myself with it. (So basically I am going to rock this course!) The class is also downtown, so hopefully I will get to see more of the city and meet more people.

I really, really like this city. I really, really, really don't like being cold. I know, for a girl who doesn't really like months of winter what was I thinking moving to northern Germany! I like winter from a distance, or maybe a bit of an extreme winter (like 3 weeks) followed by a warm spring. I mean give me feet and feet of snow, a real winter. But.....don't make it stay too long. A more than slightly unrealistic preference, I am aware. With the topic of weather out of the way I promise not to bring it up again (unless a good story will come out of it or I have something positive to say) Onto a brighter more cheerful topic, architecture.

It amazes me how beautiful a well constructed building can truly be. Not just the museums either. Office buildings, shops, homes, ALL OF IT! Walls and pillars, windows and statues, I feel like Dorothy. Lions, tigers, bears, OH MY! In a less scared and more mystified kind of way. My favorite is when a building has this blue plaque on it that gives viewers a historical background lesson. So far I have seen quite a few. I like to take a picture of the building & the plaque then translate it when I get home. I will post a building history topic soon! I have a lot of great stuff to share. 

IF YOU DON'T READ THE WHOLE POST, FINE. AT LEAST KNOW I GOT TO SEE FOOTBALL& I AM STILL ALIVE =] (Also, the next post will be worth reading.)

No comments:

Post a Comment