Translate

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Deutsch Lessons

Two posts in One DAY!!! CRAZY?! Yuuup! But mixing them was just too erratic, even for me! So here is the second post of the day.

I Never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German.
- Mark Twain


My German class are a lot easier than I expected, and I totally underestimated how much German I knew. That being said I still think German is a crazy hard language to learn!!

My philological studies have satisfied me that a gifted person ought to learn English (barring spelling and pronouncing) in thirty hours, French in thirty days, and German in thirty years. It seems manifest, then, that the latter tongue ought to be trimmed down and repaired. If it is to remain as it is, it ought to be gently and reverently set aside among the dead languages, for only the dead have time to learn it.
-Mark Twain

I sometimes mixed up my Spanish words with my new German words, its like language word vomit. It confuses who I'm talking to, it frustrates me a little bit. Its typically pretty funny and I get a pretty good kick out of it. Example: "Was ist la hora...I mean que es die Zeit...Dahhh..I MEAN, Was ist die Zeit." and then normally if the German I am asking understood half of what I said they start laughing and say something like "the time?" and I just nod and say "ja" 

Anyways, My German class has 18 students and I'm the only English speaker! Awesome. That was only partially sarcastic, I like that I am forced to use German all class. However, It would be nice to be able to study with someone outside of class. There are Polish, Russian, Romania, Colombian, Gambian, Vietnamese, Greenland(eran?), French-Canadian, and Normal French people in my class. It is quite the mix!! & like 8 are polish. 

The class is located in the heart of the city near the Central Station, and that makes it REALLY easy to commute to. Plus there are lots of things going on there. I pass the theater house and movie theater on my way to class. It makes me want to go see one of the plays coming up =]

Until my next random post! 

"It is easier for a cannibal to enter the Kingdom of Heaven through the eye of a rich man's needle that it is for any other foreigner to read the terrible German script."
-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment